The Group wishes to be acknowledged as an industry leader in its approach to care of the environment, in the execution of its developments and in its working practices. The Group’s objective is to ensure that its projects realise the desired financial returns and are developed in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner.
The Group recognises that the products and services it procures, whilst fundamental to the operation of its business, have wide environmental and social impacts.
The Group is committed to ensuring that any impacts are minimised through its procurement strategies, procedures and, wherever possible and within budgetary limitations, it will select environmentally and socially preferable products and suppliers, for the construction of its new dwellings and non-dwellings.
This policy sets out our requirements for the purchase and use of timber either by ourselves or by our suppliers and sub-contractors when purchasing on our behalf.
- All timber and timber products should be acquired from sustainable sources.
- All timber and timber products should carry either Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) or Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) Certification.
- If this is not possible, evidence must be provided that the timber is from a legal certified source.
- Species listed on the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) list will not be procured or used.
- Timber and timber products will be procured in accordance with European Union Legislation. To ensure that these goals are achieved, we will:
- Scrutinise all suppliers of timber and timber products during prequalification and tender to ensure they meet the above requirements.
- Seek information as to the source of all timber products and gather and retain evidence of compliance.
- Periodically audit certification and chain of custody documentation with our suppliers to ensure continued compliance with requirements.
- Continuously improve the level of compliance against these policies, with annual reviews, reports and actions agreed with its suppliers.
This Policy represents the commitment of Countryside Properties (UK) Limited to purchasing timber from legal sources, with a preference for products with a full Chain of Custody, e.g. accredited by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
Signed: (Chief Executive Officer) 8th June 2016