New Homes blog
UPDATE YOUR HOME WITH THE LATEST AUTUMN/WINTER INTERIORS TRENDS - BY ELLEN LEEDHAM
As autumn sets in, the days get shorter and Christmas is round the corner, it is time to create a cosy and welcoming atmosphere in our homes. Here are some top tips from Suna Interior Design on how to use current interior design trends to achieve a chic but homely look that will keep the chill off as the nights draw in.
- Metallics bring a touch of glamour and warmth to a room. A great way to incorporate this look is through a selection of contemporary pendant lights – go for copper, bronze and rose-gold tones to keep it warm and soft.
- Textures are really important and help create a sense of luxury, as well as making the space inviting and relaxing. Choose sofa cushions in a variety of materials, textures and sizes and layer them up for a sumptuous look.
- With winter on its way, add a soft, warm throw in fake-fur for a bit of fun to your sofa – ideal for snuggling under!
- For those with space issues or who just prefer a simplicity of line and space, consider using elements of Scandinavian design. With an intriguing use of pattern and texture, incorporate the elements that you find interesting into your home, such as a beautiful piece of furniture or a fascinating geometric print.
- To add more storage to your living area, as well as creating an interesting display space, think about including a large wall cabinet in a sophisticated dark wood if you have a larger room or in a lighter palette if you have a smaller wall. As well as providing storage, you can create a gallery to display your favourite collections such as coffee-table books or photos.
- Lighting is one of the most important elements when creating an ambience in a room. So collect a selection of different types of table and floor lamps. Vary the height of these lamps to help set the mood in the room according to the time of day.
- If your walls are bare or need updating, consider hanging a selection of your favourite prints which will add colour to the space, bringing it to life. Depending on your preference you can either limit your palette or opt for an eclectic selection of colour.
Whether you are moving house or simply want to add a touch of style to your home, there are plenty of simple ways that you can incorporate the key autumn and winter interiors trends into your own home. It doesn’t have to cost very much or be too complicated to update your interior style, just a couple of tweaks can ensure that you have a stylish and cosy home this autumn and winter.
For further inspiration see examples of the showhomes we've created with Countryside on Instagram and Pinterest
Suna Interior Design