New Homes blog
THE SIX KEY BENEFITS OF BUYING A NEW HOME - BY ANDREW LOVEDAY
Gone are the days when buying a new home means sacrificing on personality. There’s a lot more variety from spacious apartments to family-friendly houses and townhouses, whether you are a first-time buyer, upsizing or downsizing there are countless designs and styles to choose from in all price ranges. Importantly these homes will be designed for modern living with light filled spaces, especially if you choose a new home from Countryside.
The Home Builder’s Federation (HBF) will be running New Homes Week from Monday 16th May working with many of UKs leading developers to highlight the benefits of choosing new. So why choose a second-hand home when you can have a new house? There are plenty of reasons to consider moving from old to new:
- Energy efficient - New homes are on average 6.5 times more energy efficient than properties built just 30 years ago and housebuilders such as Countryside include a range of features including efficient boilers, good insulation, double glazing and water and energy efficient appliances to help reduce your utility bills and carbon footprint. So you won’t have the worry about having to replace an old boiler or leaky windows.
- Guarantees – New builds come with a 10-year warranty usually from the NHBC covering structural issues. On top of that Countryside provides 24-hour emergency cover for heating, plumbing and electrical problems for the duration of the two-year Initial Guarantee period.
- Make your Mark – You can really put your own stamp on a new build property from the outset. Homes will include an extensive range of fixtures and fittings, be freshly painted and often include new flooring, so you can enjoy living in a low maintenance new home without the need to spend time and money on decorating which you are likely to in an older home.
- Deals – There are often more deals available when buying new to help get you moving, from the Government’s Help to Buy equity loan scheme that offers buyers the chance to purchase with as little as a 5% deposit, to Part Exchange schemes. At Countryside, we also provide Early Bird incentives, and thank family members that support their relatives to get on the property market for the first time by helping to raise their deposit, with a £2,000 gift back to the Bank of Mum & Dad on selected developments.
- Better broadband – Now deemed as the fourth utility, a fast and reliable broadband connection is increasingly important today, in order for those who work from home to do so and also for entertainment purposes. Many new developments often benefit from an improved broadband service, including superfast broadband and ‘Fibre to the Premise’ which is already available at our Beaulieu development in Chelmsford (pictured above) giving speeds of 330 megabits per second.
- Smooth sales – As there is no upward chain when buying new, once your mortgage is in place and your new home has been built and completed, it won’t be long before you receive your keys. This makes the buying process a lot less stressful, particularly for first time buyers.
Why not see Countryside’s tips for what to look out for when buying a new home here. More details on New Homes Week can be found here and do keep your eyes out for more blogs throughout next week on different aspects of buying new.